blank facebook posts when I start up

Reaction score
getting blank facebook pages/pposts with no- or black image shwne I start facebook. this =can last for up to two minutes before everything becomes normal Same this in Mail, where I can clik on an new message, and it will appear as totaly blank, and only appera after 1 to 2 minutes,, when I start Mail. if i have had it open for a few minutes it seem to act totaly norma ans instant.

I am guessing a cache or font loading problem.?

regards, Sandy

Attachments

• blank texte.jpg
    blank texte.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 92

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Yes, it may be a cache/font issue. I wonder if it could be related to your printing issue in your other post?

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Which browser and does it happen in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.?

C

Reaction score
Hi, I though so.

OS 10.13.6 High Sierra. only use Safari.
have 10's of thousand of fints on my computer but only a few hundred turned on at any one time.
I do typsetting, and used to work for professional printers and postermakers.
I though that may be the case. this problem only showed up with Sierra and high sierra.

it do s not seriously bother me, but annoying in the morning, I just go and pour a drink and get a snack after opening Mail and Safari... sfter thst work norml sll day long.

Thanks for the ino. Much appreciatd.
Regards, Sandy

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...

Since it does load and work eventually, it may simply be the number of fonts that are loading. Normally, a couple hundred shouldn't slow things down, but if some of the macOS default fonts have duplicate issues, have been replaced by third-party or older version, or other similar issues, it could slow down.

It is always recommended to restart your Mac regularly, and clear caches. Maybe a utility that rebuilds font caches would help as well.

Stay healthy and safe.

C

Ask a Question