Bizarre Calendar Issue

Reaction score
WE have an IMAC PRO at the company server.

Until Feb 18, 2023 it was running Mojave. We have 2 calendar events that run and print a simple report from the accounting system. On the Feb 18, we upgraded to Mac Monterey. Since then the calendar has started to print additional copies of the same report when there is nothing in the calendar workflow (from Library) or listed on the calendar as an event, which I will post.

What gives?? It should print this simple one page report daily at one time and then anywhere from 19-33 minutes later it prints the same report. The other day it printed 7 reports and we have never had any other entries in the calendar.

The first file shows the daily report and the second file is a weekly only report that prints on Friday morning. The third photo shows the whole month.

Thanks

Tom in Dallas

Attachments

• 8-45am.JPG
    8-45am.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 8
  • weekly.JPG
    weekly.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 10
  • month.JPG
    month.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 11

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response.
  • Looks like the calendar events trigger an Automator workflow?
  • Is iCloud singed into and used on this Mac?
I would try deleting all of the calendar entries and re-add them as the recurring events.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response.
  • Looks like the calendar events trigger an Automator workflow?
  • Is iCloud singed into and used on this Mac?
I would try deleting all of the calendar entries and re-add them as the recurring events.

C
No use of ICloud in any shape, form or fashion. They do trigger an automator workflow.
I am getting prints where there are no events scheduled or have ever been scheduled. This occurred directly after upgrading from Mojave to Monterry. Even the times of the extra prints are different. We have one print scheduled each day for 8:45am and one event every Friday at 8 am. I get a consistent print of both at 12am and noting has ever been set for that and then both of the other prints will print at anywhere from 12-30 minutes (very weird) after the scheduled prints.

I understand that some have reported Monterey as creating calendar problems, but at this point after 35 years in IT, I am at a loss.

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, very weird.

I really would try removing all of the scheduled events in the calendar, and start by adding a single event and see if that works as expected. Then add the recurring events and the other.

C

Reaction score
Yes, very weird.

I really would try removing all of the scheduled events in the calendar, and start by adding a single event and see if that works as expected. Then add the recurring events and the other.

C
I have tried that including all the cache files, events pending, ect from the program folder. Still get prints when none are schedulded or have ever been scheduled at those times at any point in the computer's history.

TBB

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Hmmm...yes, it is a stumper.

What is the file shown in the calendar event...is it an AppleScript or Automator file? If so, are there times scheduled in it?

C

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Hmmm...yes, it is a stumper.

What is the file shown in the calendar event...is it an AppleScript or Automator file? If so, are there times scheduled in it?

C
It is an apple script that simply refers to a short terminal number in the Accounting program to do a one page report daily and on Friday same thing but a different report. Zero time in them. This is all that is says in the daily :
"cd /Applications/osas80/progRM/
exec ./T900
exit"

Ask a Question