SOLVED Big Sur text on white background not showing up

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got a new M1 Macbook Pro with Big Sur, and I keep having this issue where whenever the pop-up apple windows have text on a white background, the text doesn't show up. Here's what I mean:

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 21.16.21.png
Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 21.14.00.png

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thank you in advance!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I don't have access to an M1 Mac yet, but I do have Big Sur running on a 2015 Intel MBA. I haven't seen that issue, but I don't run Dark Mode very often.

Try Light Mode and see if there are any anomalies. If not, it may be the combination of M1, Big Sur, and Dark Mode. Also, make sure you are running the latest version. Also, does it only happen in Safari?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi again,

UPDATE: I actually found something similar when looking into this. In the TV app in Big Sur when using Light Mode, the Extras banner for movies doesn't show properly in Library list mode. If I switch to Dark Mode, it is visible.

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 13.12.54.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 13.13.43.png

Looks like this may be a bug in Big Sur for displaying some things due to Light/Dark Modes.

Will keep looking.

C

Reaction score
I switched to Light Mode, and it displayed all the text perfectly. Switched back to Dark Mode, and the issue is still there, same as always. It's almost as if the text was there, but the background color and the text color were almost identical.

Thank you for your help!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

At least it sounds to be related to Dark Mode. I bet that is the same issue I am seeing in the TV app. I would assume it will be fixed in an upcoming update to Big Sur.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question