Beffudled!

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here this being my first post! and its a bazzar problem too I have owned an Emac 1ghz 326ish megs of ram and it had a 30 gig hard drive, running osx tiger, okay here is my problem I decided to upgrade the hard drive to a 70 giger and have completed the job and now when i boot the mac up it takes about 20 min, and the same goes with waking it up, before installing the hard drive i had no problems, any one have any sugestions 'cause i don't exactly want to go back to the smaller drive.

Jeff

Reaction score
Try some routine maintenance first. Repair permissions and then try re-booting from the installation disks. Once you boot from the disk, run Disk Utility again, but this time use "Verify Disk." See if everything is in order.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here this being my first post! and its a bazzar problem too I have owned an Emac 1ghz 326ish megs of ram and it had a 30 gig hard drive, running osx tiger, okay here is my problem I decided to upgrade the hard drive to a 70 giger and have completed the job and now when i boot the mac up it takes about 20 min, and the same goes with waking it up, before installing the hard drive i had no problems, any one have any sugestions 'cause i don't exactly want to go back to the smaller drive.

Jeff

Did you check that the jumper on the back of the new drive was set to "Master"? If it's set otherwise this could cause delays in initialising the drive.