Battery not charging/recognised

Reaction score
Thanks.

For some reason, the battery is not being seen at all, as you can probably tell.

-Strange that AHT would pass with it showing the battery isn't installed. There could possibly be a damaged cable/connector internally, or an issue with the Left I/O board or logic board. It isn't likely that the OS is at fault, but it is still a small possibility.

If you leave it plugged in most of the time, without cycling the battery, it could just be that the battery has failed at this point. Hard to diagnose much further without being able to see it in person.

C
It's left on a desk, plugged in 60% of the time maybe, does ( did) run battery down to about 40% quite often.
Well, there is an 'issue' with something, that's for sure. But seeing as the logic board/battery/charger ( all Apple products) and SSD are relatively new it's hard to understand.
I was hoping it may have just 'fixed itself' as someone has said theirs did, but no, nothing has changed. Still the same issue. :-(

Reaction score
The Battery, still under Warranty, has been sent back. I hope that's the problem, then all will be resolved.
But a Genuine Apple battery should last more than 10.5 months. o_O

Reaction score
Yeah, one would expect a genuine Apple Battery to last more than 10 1/2 months, especially when the Mac it is in is not used "excessively".

Reaction score
All good now. New Apple battery arrived today, no more issues.
Serves as a reminder, newish batteries Can Fail, and, Apple Hardware Test won't always show a battery failure.
Thanks to all those who have helped ... I do appreciate it. ( isn't 287 days a bit old for a new battery )

Batt.png

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Glad the issue is resolved...I had a feeling it might have just failed.

287 days isn't out of the ordinary. That is just the amount of days since the battery was manufactured. Due to manufacturing runs, shipment to distribution facilities/retail warehouses, time spent on the shelf, products can easily be 6-12 months old before they are purchased and used. The more important number there is Loadcycles. Because it shows as 0, you know it is new and never used, and hasn't yet passed a full charging/usage cycle. Most Apple batteries these days are "guaranteed" for up to 1,000 loadcycles. Of course, usage patterns can shorten that number, especially if the battery isn't fully discharged on a regular basis, and the Mac is used via AC most of the time.

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question