Automator to delete files created between set times.

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first go at using Automator and i'm falling at the first hurdle, hopefully someone will be able to help me out here.

I've set up an IP camera to take a snapshot every hour and drop it into a folder on my NAS. My intention is to make a time-lapse video over the coming year of a build i'm doing.

My problem is that i'd like to delete any .jpg files in this folder that were taken between 1900 and 0700 so i don't have to go through it manually every couple of days. So far I've found the "Filter Finder Items" and "Move Finder Items to Trash" and thought I was on to a winner. Unfortunately, the Filter will only allow me to find items created between specific dates, but not specific times.

I've had a good look around the web, but as soon as you put "Automator" and "Time" in the same search field you get swamped with pages telling you how much time you can save with Automator, which i find slightly ironic. ;)

I've never tried Applescript, but am willing to give anything a bash.

Thanks,

TG

Reaction score
Hey TGRolando - do you use Lightroom at all? Cos there is a sweet little plugin called 'AnyFilter' that will do what you're asking. Let me know if you're still looking to solve this problem!

Ask a Question