Automator running after sleep

Reaction score
I am running Mavericks on a 2010 iMac quad-core with 16 Gbytes of memory. I am trying to get Automator to send out an email. I have setup the calendar event and added "New Mail Message" and "Send Mail Message" (I am using Mail because I could never get Outlook to work). If I run this manually, it works - it sends the email. But it won't work automatically. I have my iMac set to sleep (including processor) after 10 minutes of idle time. But I have it scheduled to wakeup 5 minutes before I want to send the email message. I can watch and it does wakeup. But it won't send the email message (unless I run the automator script manually). Thanks for any help

Reaction score
If you are using Calendar to run an Automator Workflow you need to set make sure its an Workflow App then
Calendar Event - Alert - Custom - Open File - The name of your Workflow App

Reaction score
If you are using Calendar to run an Automator Workflow you need to set make sure its an Workflow App then
I don't understand your comment. I go into Automator, choose "Calendar Alert", drag-and-drop "New mail message" into the Automator pane, create the email in that action, and drag-and-drop "Send mail message" into the Automator pane. If I push the "play" button in Automator it will create and send the email. It just won't do it when it is scheduled to. My system is set to wake up 5 minutes before the alert is scheduled and the system is set to stay awake for 10 minutes.

Reaction score
Correction: Yes make it a "Calendar Alert"

But you you still need to tell the Calendar App when to fire it by making an Event in the Calendar App and

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I thought that defining the Calendar event via Automator by selecting the "Calendar Alarm" document type would automatically select "open file" in the Calendar event alert... and normally it does. But I had edited the event and done something that changed the Alert from "Open File" to "None". I deleted my event and my Automator script and started over. This time I only change the time in the Calendar event and all is working. Thanks again.

Ask a Question