Autoatic left panning and sound goes down when panning to the right

Reaction score
Hi,

My mac seems to be panning automatically to the left. I hear on both ears anyways. But when I put it in the center the volume goes down. What could be happening?

I guess related to that, I´m having issues in Logic ProX. When I try to pan to the right any track, the volume of that track goes down.

I´m working with:
Catalina 10.15.6
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
SSD Mac
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I checked and "System Preferences > Accessibility > Audio > Play Stereo Audio as Mono" is not selected

Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 7.43.21 PM.png

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

At first glance, that sounds like a possible channel mapping between Audio MIDI Setup and Logic Pro. Are you using an audio interface? If so, which brand/model?

Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 7.43.21 PM.png

1. Notice there is no panning control on your Stereo Out or Output 2
2. The VU is mono, not stereo
3. Stereo Out and Output 2 are set to mono Channel mode, not stereo

If you have a mismatch in the channels and outputs, then panning will not work properly.

As a test, create a new project and see if you have the same issue. If so, it could be the default settings in logic Pro, the settings in Audio MIDI Setup for your input/output device(s). If it works normally, then check the referenced settings in your current project.

C

Ask a Question