SOLVED Apps not compatible

Reaction score
Hi All, I have a MacBook Pro (2020) running MacOS Monterey V12.1 (latest update). I have a problem that when I try to download a couple of apps from the App Store it returns the message that they are 'Not Compatible' and that It requires MacOS 11 or later or a Mac with M1. As my MacBook is later than V11 can anyone shed any light on this please.
thanks
Papageno

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

What are the apps you are trying to download? It may be that they are too old to actually run on your M1, or not compatible. Check to see when they were last updated.

C

Reaction score
Thank C, The Apps I am trying to download is 'Manything' which is a home security system. In the write up on this they show it being used on a macBook Pro (which is mine) - Note: I am running MacOS Monterey OS12.1 not M1.
I did have another app which displayed the same problem a while ago but not sure what app this was.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Manything is actually an iOS app designed for an iPad. So, it will not run on an Intel Mac. It may run on an M1 Mac, but it hasn't been verified by the vendor.

C

Reaction score
Many thanks C.
It does appear that the way they word it is ambiguous and that you are correct in saying it may run on an M1.
Will mark this as solved
thanks again

Ask a Question