AppleScript to automate Epson SmartScan software

Reaction score
I'm trying to use Applescript to automate my interaction with Epson SmartScan software. My goal is to continually run SmartScan on a dedicated machine; Scan documents using the SCAN button on my scanner (ES-60W); Let SmartScan go through its OCR process; and Save the PDF document in a Google folder for later finding and referencing; and have SmartScan ready for the next time I press the SCAN button on my scanner. SmartScan does all of these things, but requires interaction with the Application to do so. Has anyone tried doing this or have some sample scripts that might be relevant for me to get started? No surprise that the record function in Applscript or Automator does not work with this software!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the delayed response.

I don't have much experience with AppleScript/Automator, and don't have the Epson SmartScan software myself.

Sometimes the folks over at MacScripter can lend a hand if no one here has any suggestions.

C

Ask a Question