Apple ID

Reaction score
Hi

I am not sure that I have the right Thread, if not I am sorry. Up to now I have been using another Mail Program but now wish to to change and use iCloud, the problem I have is, (1) To do this do I have to change my Apple ID, if so how do I do this ? and (2) The Cloud email address that I have is not what I want to be known by (********@icloud.com,) Can I change this and if so how do I do it ?

Thank you in advance for any help that you are able to give me.

Regards

dennisl

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I can't see why you would need a new AppleID ... but if you want a different email address then you could use the one given to you by your ISP or a Gmail address?? I never use @icloud.com I always use the @me.com which is basically the same & emails sent to either @icloud or @me will appear in your inbox. Maybe just using the @me.com will be enough of a change?

Having more than the 1 AppleID could cause problems

We recommend that you use the same Apple ID for all Apple services on your device—including the iTunes & App Stores and iCloud. Using multiple Apple IDsmight be confusing and cause issues with accessing purchased content or using some services. If you have multiple Apple IDs, you can't merge them.

Reaction score
I can't see why you would need a new AppleID ... but if you want a different email address then you could use the one given to you by your ISP or a Gmail address?? I never use @icloud.com I always use the @me.com which is basically the same & emails sent to either @icloud or @me will appear in your inbox. Maybe just using the @me.com will be enough of a change?

Having more than the 1 AppleID could cause problems
Hi Spawn

Thank you for your reply and your advice

Regards

dennisl

Reaction score
I have two EMial address with my ISP (Comcast), and two other ones: gmail, and hotmail. For my EMial client Outlook 2016, I have it set to receive EMails only from my Comcast accounts. For gmail or hotmail, I access those through my browser, Google Chrome. All of that works out well for me.

Ask a Question