SOLVED Apple Email

Reaction score
I used to get my list of emails on top and could read the new ones below with just a click. Suddenly, I can't.

Now I get either a detail of the emailer on the left side or above and I have to double click the email to read it.

I know that the preferences say to go to "classic mode", but that doesn't get me back to the display I liked.

Is it just a new version of Apple email or am I missing a setting?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

There is a small bar that separates them. If you look at the bottom of the window, you should see a gray dot in the center of the bottom part of the window. If you place your cursor on it, it will change to a line with an up arrow. You can click and drag it up, and it should reveal the message window.

C

Reaction score
That's the maddenning part. I guessed that was where the separation was. But it doesn't work for me. I see it. I place the cursor on it in all kiinds of ways. But it doesn't work.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Understood.

I faintly remember that happening to me previously. I believe I had to switch back and forth between the new layout and classic layout, and I had to turn off the Messages Filter view - Command-L. It was a pain, but I finally got it resolved.

If I can test it and replicate it, I will let you know the steps.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...I just replicated it and then couldn't drag it back.

I found this post: Mail preview pane hide/show

Of course, it is always recommended to have a Time Machine or other backup before attempting things like this. It worked for me without any issue however.

C

Reaction score
I solved it... It sounds stupid, but when I grabbed the bar at the bottom, I just wasn't moving it FAR up enough! Apparently, you have to move it far enough for a message to display.

Ask a Question