Amazon/Intuit file download issue

Reaction score
Running OS 10.15.7 on 2015 13” MacBook Pro.

I’m having extreme difficulty with extraction of a .dmg file. I bought TurboTax 2021 from Amazon and downloaded a .dmg file that said it was 239 MB. After extraction I only got a 2KB alias with no software at all.

Repeated this several times and then contacted Intuit Support. After 40 minutes of helping they told me to disable my anti-virus (McAfee Total Protection) and pop-up blockers (Gmail). Did that, same result. They had me do a search for “m.turbo tax” files and did not find the supposed recently extracted files on my desktop or HD.

Also contacted McAfee Support, and they went through my system to insure nothing was wrong. I tried to use Safari, but still only got the 2KB icon after extraction.

My purpose in writing in to insure there’s no issues with my Mac before I go after Amazon or Intuit for defective software.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. I have screen shots if needed.

Thank you so much.

Cheers!
Adrian Peek

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Strange issue indeed, especially if Intuit Support cannot correct it. It is not an issue I have run across previously. Intuit should have at least been able to email you a link to re-download it from them, with proper proof of purchase from Amazon.

If you haven't had any other issue recently, I would guess your Mac is fine. Honestly, the best troubleshooting for this particular issue would be with Intuit/Amazon/McAfee/etc.

Feel free to add some screenshots so we can see the issue in more detail.

C

Ask a Question