SOLVED 'Albums' in 'Photos'

Reaction score
Dear Helpers,

In 'Photos' (Photos Library.photoslabrary) I adjust my pictures, write comments on them, etc. and put them in an 'Album'. Sometimes I want to send the album to family or friends and up till now I use the following method: I export the content of the album to a temporary folder (e.g. in Documents), go to photos.google.com, create a new (empty) album and upload the contents of the temporary folder to it. Then I create a link and send the link via email to those (and only those) interested.

It is this 'link' that makes it so simple (for me).

Is there any comparatively simple way to send the 'Album' made in 'Photos' to other people in a more or less 'direct' way? I guess there must be. Please tell me.

Cheers, Dirk

MacBook Pro, Late2013
macOS Catalina 10.15.1

Reaction score
Hello denetoet,

The easiest way to share in Photos is to create a "shared" Album. Once you have that shared album you can click the Collaborate button in the toolbar. You can make it a public website with a link. This link gives great instructions:

Ask a Question