Airport Express

Reaction score
I’m having troubles downloading my Airport Express with my new 12” IPad. When I enter my Password, it closes the page, and reverts to my homepage. It does the the same on my iMac , and my iPhone. Any help would be appreciated.
wayne

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I am not sure what your issue is? Are you trying to connect to an AirPort or other wireless network?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

I am not sure what your issue is? Are you trying to connect to an AirPort or other wireless network?

C
My issue is ACCESSING my Airport Express By logging in to it AFTER loading the the latest Update to my iPad's Operating System. My Airport is working, it's just that when I wanted to check on its "currentness" I attempted to log in and I got reverted to my pre page. Before I was asked to sign with something that that I did not recognize. It asked about my "device" and don't recall ever having to identify the "device", and I'm not sure what device I'm addressing?

Reaction score
My issue is ACCESSING my Airport Express By logging in to it AFTER loading the the latest Update to my iPad's Operating System. My Airport is working, it's just that when I wanted to check on its "currentness" I attempted to log in and I got reverted to my pre page. Before I was asked to sign with something that that I did not recognize. It asked about my "device" and don't recall ever having to identify the "device", and I'm not sure what device I'm addressing?

Reaction score
I’ve posted a response, explaining my problem. I’m looking for a response. Am I not looking in the correct place?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

You are in the correct place, sorry for the delayed response. We are all volunteers here, so sometimes life gets in the way. ;)

Thanks for the additional explanation. As I understand the issue, you updated iOS on your iPad and are trying to connect to your wireless network created by your AirPort Express...is that correct?

You also mentioned the same is happening on your iMac and iPhone...is that still the case?

Let me know if that is the issue and we'll go from there.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

You are in the correct place, sorry for the delayed response. We are all volunteers here, so sometimes life gets in the way. ;)

Thanks for the additional explanation. As I understand the issue, you updated iOS on your iPad and are trying to connect to your wireless network created by your AirPort Express...is that correct?

You also mentioned the same is happening on your iMac and iPhone...is that still the case?

Let me know if that is the issue and we'll go from there.

C
Not quite. My Airport Express is working. My difficulty is connecting to it so I can check if it needs updating. Before I Updated the IOS I could access it, and enter my A E password to make sure it was updated/current. Now I cannot access it without entering a password for some unknown “device”. I’ve tried my iCloud P W, and several others but they all revert to the opening page. I have this prob with my iPhone, and my iMAC.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Ahhh...I understand. You are trying to access it with AirPort Utility. If you can't remember the password, try the default password: public

You could also look in Keychain Access and see if there is an entry there for it. You can then double-click on it, check Show password, enter your user account password, click Always Allow and it will display it for you.

If that doesn't work, and you don't remember what you changed it to, then it may be best to simply reset it to factory defaults and set it up again.

How to reset your AirPort base station

C

Reaction score
Ahhh...I understand. You are trying to access it with AirPort Utility. If you can't remember the password, try the default password: public

You could also look in Keychain Access and see if there is an entry there for it. You can then double-click on it, check Show password, enter your user account password, click Always Allow and it will display it for you.

If that doesn't work, and you don't remember what you changed it to, then it may be best to simply reset it to factory defaults and set it up again.

How to reset your AirPort base station

C
Thank you. I’ve reset my A E, I was able to do it on my iMac but that’s the only one. It still reverts to the prior page when I enter the password.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the update.

I was thinking about it more...maybe a free screenshots/photos would help.

I did a test here by deleting all AirPort Base Station passwords in Keychain Access, then using AirPort Access to login to the three AirPort Extreme Base Stations in my network. Since they all use the same password, I entered it for one, checked Remember this password in my keychain, and it logged me into all three.

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 14.11.47.png

C

Ask a Question