Adverts

Reaction score
Just visited the site from my iPad, surprised by the number of ads google are injecting into this site.:eek:

I thought this was a private site?

cheers
Kaveman

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmm, there shouldn't be any ads when you're logged in to the site? We've got a few ads for guest members to cover hosting - but members logged in should see zero advertising. Please let me know if you're seeing some when logged in and I'll fix this issue ASAP :).

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Yes stand corrected as now if I log in on phone I see this. With no adds.:)

Attachments

• IMG_1020.jpg
    IMG_1020.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 408
Reaction score
Great!

I guess I was just surprised at the number, and the Google Ad were all for **** Mac products that cause the very problems we are trying to solve, lol.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes stand corrected as now if I log in on phone I see this. With no adds.:)

Excellent, I'd hate for ads to appear for members of the site!

the Google Ad were all for **** Mac products that cause the very problems we are trying to solve, lol.

Ah that's not ideal! Let me see if there's something I can do to filter them - I'm sure there must be a way. Let me look in to this and see what control there is :).

Reaction score
Great,

I understand the need for adverts and the like, and it doesn't seem to stop people with problems.

I guess my real concern was the number and type of adverts shown made the site look really shady and shoddy. Given the recent "drive by" attacks from a developer "help site" which allowed major hacks into the top companies, people may be more hesitant to ask for help.

Other than that I think the place looks spiffy!

keep up the great work,
Kaveman