Adverts

Kaveman

Reaction score
Just visited the site from my iPad, surprised by the number of ads google are injecting into this site.:eek:

I thought this was a private site?

cheers
Kaveman

oldscribe

Reaction score
Yep I see all the adds under every post as well on my phone.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmm, there shouldn't be any ads when you're logged in to the site? We've got a few ads for guest members to cover hosting - but members logged in should see zero advertising. Please let me know if you're seeing some when logged in and I'll fix this issue ASAP :).

oldscribe

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Yes stand corrected as now if I log in on phone I see this. With no adds.:)

Attachments

Kaveman

Reaction score
Great!

I guess I was just surprised at the number, and the Google Ad were all for **** Mac products that cause the very problems we are trying to solve, lol.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes stand corrected as now if I log in on phone I see this. With no adds.:)
Excellent, I'd hate for ads to appear for members of the site!

the Google Ad were all for **** Mac products that cause the very problems we are trying to solve, lol.
Ah that's not ideal! Let me see if there's something I can do to filter them - I'm sure there must be a way. Let me look in to this and see what control there is :).

Kaveman

Reaction score
Great,

I understand the need for adverts and the like, and it doesn't seem to stop people with problems.

I guess my real concern was the number and type of adverts shown made the site look really shady and shoddy. Given the recent "drive by" attacks from a developer "help site" which allowed major hacks into the top companies, people may be more hesitant to ask for help.

Other than that I think the place looks spiffy!

keep up the great work,
Kaveman