Accidentally zoomed in and can't unzoom

Reaction score
I was trying to make a change to my mouse settings because I have not been able to scroll but did not realize that the little box for zooming was checked. I accidentally zoomed several times and now my display is so large that I cannot use my iMac. How do I unzoom or restore the origional settings? I have tried restarting but to no avail. Thanks!

Reaction score
What version of OS X are you on?
You mean the whole screen is Zoomed in and everything is really big?
That is a Special Mode for the Sight Impaired, it is normally set to the Control and Scroll, but you may have changed that, if so there is no much we can do.

There is no little box for zooming??? Smart zoom is Double-tap with one finger.

Reaction score
I am running the most current version of snow leopard. The entire screen display is huge. Screensaver is normal and if I restart, my dock looks normal until I open a program. As I said I was checking on my mouse settings in system preferences because it would not scroll. It was set to scroll vertically but I was probably reading too quickly when I noticed something about the apple (command) button. The box to the left of that was checked for zooming and when I pressed the command key and scrolled everything zoomed in, I tried scrolling the other direction with the mouse and nothing worked. I restarted the Mac and nothing. That is when I started searching online. I also unchecked the box for zooming and tried what I could think of. It is extremely difficult to use any program right now. My iPad is what I have been searching for answers with.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
What type of mouse are you using Campbell1227? Is it the apple mouse with the tiny grey scroll ball?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Try this:

With a clean sheet of paper, turn the mouse over and gently rub the ball on the paper, around in circles, back and forth in any direction but it must be gentle.

This will help dislodge any grime which just may allow you to properly scroll yourself back into the default view.

See how you get on. I've been there too, a while back now and it was freaky ... can't recall what I did but I managed to get out of the super zoomed view.

Reaction score
I tried cleaning the mouse, no luck. I may need to make an appointment at the Apple store unless anyone else has any suggestions.

Reaction score
Yeah! Fixed! I googled how to unzoom and found a couple of suggestions. Fixed it by turning off zoom in universal access.

Reaction score
I'm trying to fix this same problem on my MAC, but..... I'm trying option/command/8 and option/command/- and I'm getting nothing. Anyone have any more ideas?

Ask a Question