About to throw Macbook out window - Please help with Word-Mac 2008!

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having a big problem with Word for Mac 2008. I cannot insert a text box into pictures all of a sudden. I've been doing this for years with no problem whatsoever. I did it this morning with no problem, then suddenly it stopped working when I tried the second picture. Every time I copy and paste a picture into a New document and try to insert the text box, the text box shows up in the picture, but when I go to write the text, suddenly the margins squish together and the picture basically disappears, leaving just a sliver of it on the page. I cannot figure out why it's doing this since I had no problem whatsoever with it this morning. I haven't changed any of the settings in Word and if it helps. I'm using Snow Leopard - can someone please help me before I beat up my computer?

By the way, I just tried to insert a text box in Pages, and the same exact thing is happening!!

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Word for Mac 2008
It is very important to Quit all MSoft apps, File > Quit, they don't quit when you close the last window.
Have you tried a full restart of the computer?

Reaction score
Hello, thanks. I did Quit word but have not restarted the computer - I'll do that now. I did fix the problem in Pages though, I don't know if it's the same solution for Word. Do you know where I can find 'Wrap Text' in Word?

Ask a Question