A mac for Xmas?

Tks

Reaction score
Good day unto ye all,

I do have that Damocles' sword hanging over me with my op iMac 27 from 2010, and little by little all apps show the writings on the wall, latest in the list being What's app and Battle for Wesnoth but to name a few.
Now I don't do much video / photo editing anymore, but the occasional gaming or opensim / virtual world work still require a bit of power under the hood.

All in all, I've been wondering for a while what my best option was. I would have naturally gone for an iMac M3 if it wasn't that ugly and shamefully identical to the M1, and although I've never been convinced by a mac mini, the latest years seem to have proven me wrong. Yet what about the screen then? My iMac 2010 won't do, so the question of saving money buying a mac mini instead of an iMac is not valid.
In the end, with everything I've saved in the last 14 years by keeping my iMac, I can say money is not the issue.

I'd be glad to hear your opinion about these and other choices you may have,

Thanks in advance

Ask a Question