.7z package to .iso problem

Reaction score
Okay, so I have three .7z packages, when I unpack them one by one, I get 3 .iso files, which I can't open. When I double click the .iso file, like I do with any .iso, it won't mount, instead I get this:

Picture1-4.png

(Yeah, Final Fantasy, but don't worry, I have the original CD's, BUT, the second one is damaged and my PSX can't read it any more, I suppose this is not illegal as I have the originals in my possession? If it is, I'm sorry and this topic can be closed!)

Can anyone help me with this? I figure it's not possible that all the packages are corrupted/damaged??

karazelle

Reaction score
Hi :)

An ISO is, as you probably know, a representation of the contents of a CD or DVD.

When you double click on an ISO file, your Mac will attempt to "mount" it, show its content on the desktop as an icon. This assumes that the Mac can read the filesystem used on PSX disks?
Even if it can't doesn't mean that the files are broken...

Usually, you should be able to burn the ISOs, perhaps using Roxio Toast or other CD/DVD burning tools in socalled "RAW" mode.

Or they may have turned defective.

Reaction score
Hi there! Thanks for the reply!

I still didn't get to burning the ISO file(s), but I'll make sure to give it a try the next time I have some time left... I'll keep you posted, should I find a solution, or just give up and buy a new copy of FF7 :D

Ask a Question