5.1 output on I mac 5 k 2017

Reaction score
Hi
I am having IMac 5 k of 2018 for editing 4 k videos with 5.1 surround sound, I am finding it difficult to connect it to 5.1 system, kindly advice me with a solution

Reaction score
Need to ask some questions:

1. What exact iMac 2018 model do you have? Don't kn ow what "iMac 5 k" means.

2. What exact Mac OS are you using?

3. What is "5.1 system"? Is that software?

Reaction score
Yes it’s sourround system connection
As we don’t get optical out audio in the new 27 I Mac retina 5 k for connecting it 5.1 surround sound system
in the previous models the line out/headphone port on an iMac was in fact dual function & the optical digital out through the headphone jack. Apparently Apple decided to remove this feature on the 2017 iMacs. Does anyone know if it's possible to connect 5.1 speakers through some sort of adaptor or something?

Reaction score
Hello,
How old is your surround system? If pre 2010 then possibly one solution would be to get a usb to Optical link or usb to toslink adaptor.
If newer then through HDMI.

Just my thoughts

Reaction score
On hardware part we are planning for Creative Inspire T 6300 surround speaker system with Creative sound blaster omini surround 5.1, will this work for our editing 5.1 surround audio ?

Reaction score
we are using FCP X 10.4 version. Is is possible to edit and export the video with 5.1 surround sound. is it playable with the 4K television. which is the format to export the video. how it can be rendered. pls give suggestion

Reaction score
Hi,

If you export using share to an Apple devices and say choose an export option such as iPad, you’ll get a file which even Quick Look can play back with surround audio. However, if you use share - export movie, you will get all 5.1 channels separately which won’t play back as surround audio using Quick Look.

Hope that makes sence.

Reaction score
Hi,

If you export using share to an Apple devices and say choose an export option such as iPad, you’ll get a file which even Quick Look can play back with surround audio. However, if you use share - export movie, you will get all 5.1 channels separately which won’t play back as surround audio using Quick Look.

Hope that makes sence.

we are using FCP X 10.4 version. Is is possible to edit and export the 4K video with 5.1 surround sound. we have to use the USB drives like Pen Drive or Hard Disk to play the 4K Video. is it playable with the 4K television. which is the format to export the video. how it can be rendered. pls give suggestion

Ask a Question