27" Mac no sound, no internal speakers

Reaction score
Sorry took so long to reply, I was doing some research.

I have tried a different OS, I think I tried Mojave and one other, no difference. I tried everything on windows and it works fine. Volume controls and all.

I don’t have an issue with windows, however I didn’t think I’d ever have a $2200 windows computer with an Apple logo. Haha.
I spoke with Apple customer service and they won’t allow it to be sent in, so I have to find a local certified Apple repair. I did call a place and they told me they’re certified to rebuild or program fusion drives, as well as any other hardware that has gone out. But they will do a full diagnosis, contact me before doing repairs and go from there. He told me it sounds like something that is embedded within the fusion drive. There’s a small space that never gets wiped, regardless of “wiping the drive”, and he thinks it’s pulling that embedded code/information on OS X installs.

I’ll keep you posted. Maybe it will save someone else a headache in the future.

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know exactly. But I think it was cheaper than the HDD version of my Mac. I think it's a hybrid of a hdd and ssd.

Ask a Question