SOLVED 1Doc

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Pro Version of this sort-of-Microsoft-Word-like word processing app from the Apple App Store (because I dislike Pages so much). I want a manual but does anyone know how to find one? The Apple website and the App Store are no help and the app designer -- Cynoble Technology Limited -- has no website.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I assume you mean Ace Office:for word processing? If so, I had never heard of that application or Cynoble Technology Limited before your post. If they don't have a website, I would doubt they have a downloadable manual. Is there any in-app Help?

If you don't like Pages, an excellent optional free word-processing application is Google Docs, which is free with a free Google account.

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory. I might give Google a try, although I have many doubts about Google and privacy. However . . . I never heard of Ace Office. This app is called 1Doc and it's available from the Apple App Store. Isn't it very -- VERY -- strange that Apple sells an app but has no idea who makes it or how to get service for it?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

Seems that Cynoble Technology Limited makes multiple word processing apps - 1Doc:Word Processor for Write and Ace Office: for word processing. I see their Wix website doesn't show as being setup - maybe they went out of business, since that application hasn't been updated since September 11, 2018? There is a link there for support but it goes to the same website. A search in the Internet Archive Wayback Machine does show a previous version of the website from May 4, 2018.

They would have had to meet the requirements for the App Store before Apple would have vetted and and added the application. After that, it is on the developer to keep the links working or report any changes. I would guess that if they are now defunct, Apple will remedy the situation at some point during there review of App Store entries.

You could always contact Apple directly to report the issue with the developer website, and/or request a refund.

C

Reaction score
Again, thank you Cory. I did (finally -- long waiting time these days) -- get through to apple for a refund and I will try to suggest to the powers that be at Apple that it shouldn't be selling an app at its App Store that cannot be supported by the seller.