Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have a G4 (desktop) running OXS 10.4.9 and have a problem on start up with the date and time settings being retained. Every time I restart I get a warning message telling me that my programs may behave erratically.

I understand their is an internal battery powered memory (PRAM possibly) that has been switched off - if so does anybody know how I can turn it back on??

Thanks

Paul

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have a G4 (desktop) running OXS 10.4.9 and have a problem on start up with the date and time settings being retained. Every time I restart I get a warning message telling me that my programs may behave erratically.

I understand their is an internal battery powered memory (PRAM possibly) that has been switched off - if so does anybody know how I can turn it back on??

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul, you can reset PRAM by restarting whilst holding down the Command-Option-P-R keys -- yes, it's a stretch and meant to be. Hold them until you've heard two startup chimes, then release. You will probably have to reset some basic items like the date and time.

Reaction score
OK restarted my Mac holding down the keys as suggested and have a real problem.

My desktop has changed, my mail is lost (along with some programs)and it almost looks like the computer has re-set it self top the settings I had almost a year ago!!

Any ideas please???

Thanks in advance.