“iWork ’08 offers a sweet office suite”

Reaction score
“Benefiting from Apple’s tireless design and integration efforts, iWork ‘08 gives users an easy, intuitive interface, beautiful templates and tight integration with Mac OS X and iLife,” reports Paul Vaughn (San Antonio Express News). He praises numerous new features in both Pages ’08—which he calls “a very capable word-processing program, a quite viable alternative to Microsoft Word”—and Keynote ’08: “Apple keeps making it better.” And Numbers ’08, Vaughn says “is designed intelligently from the ground up.” Comparing it favorably to Excel, he concludes, Numbers seems “brilliantly elegant.”

More...

Reaction score
I've been playing with iWork for almost a month now. I like a lot of things about it, but can't quite make the complete switch. I'm so used to Excel keyboard shortcuts that I can't believe Numbers does not have most of those. Well, it's only a first version for Numbers. It is very promising, though. Of course the best thing about it is that it opens documents in the new Office version for Windows -- something that even Windows users can't do with old versions of Office.

Ask a Question