Your Computer Restarted because of a Problem

Reaction score
A few days ago my computer ran into this error I've looked at other posts, however I didn't see one for this problem.
No matter if I open, cancel, or use safe mode it's just stuck on a loop and I only see the wallpaper for a second or two.

Thanks for reading and possibly helping.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner.

-Which version of OS X?
-Which model Mac?
-Do you have a current Time Machine or other backup?

C

Reaction score
As Cory stated, we need the exact Mac model. If it is a laptop, and based on what you stated above, "The battery died and now this hell started", can you re-charge the battery? If not, then maybe you can replace it yourself.

You also can still boot your machine (assuming everything is OK from a software perspective) without the battery, by just plugging it in.

Reaction score
Thank you both, I just appreciate the help, and I'm delayed as well.

I should have know to put those in sorry.

MacBook Pro
It was the 2010 or 2011 model I think. I can't get into the place I'd normally check.
I don't have a back-up stupidly.

"The battery died and now this hell started" was a misunderstanding somehow I thought in similar threads was I reply...admittedly I may have been a bit tired.

The battery doesn't hold much of a charge so I do have it plugged in.

I've tried booting up on safe mode and have gone into my recovery HD and used disk utility to see any errors, however everything is verified and fine on that end.

Sorry for such a long post and thank you again.

Reaction score
I suspect you do not have a more robust disk maintenance/repair program like Disk Warrior or TechTool Pro, so based on what you just posted above, and especially since you are booting your machine while it is plugged it, the internal hard drive is bad. And, obviously the battery is bad also. You can replace them both on your own, but without knowing the exact MacBook Pro model you have (by the way, 13" or 15"), it's very difficult to pount you to the specific section of the site www.ifixit.com.

Reaction score
I think I may still have disk warrior.

Is there a way I can grab my information?

I'm assuming internal hard drive the one I use to boot up.

...would reinstalling the OS help at all?

Reaction score
First, to use Disk Warrior for repairing your internal drive, it is necessary to boot it "externally" from the drive. I suspect you do not have an external drive, so the only other option is if your version of Disk Warrior is on a DVD, and that your MacBook Pro has a DVD drive.

To capture the information we need, in the Finder, you'll see a black Apple symbol in the upper left hand corner. Click on that, and one of the sub-menu choices you'll see is "About This Mac". Click on that, and on the next screen, you'll see the name and exact version number of the Mac OS you are using, Below that, it will have specific information about you model. For example, for my MacBook Air 13" model, here is what it said:

"MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)"

Ask a Question