Wireless Airport w/ Comcast

Reaction score
Hey! We have been with RoadRunner for a while and it is now switching to Comcast. All of a sudden our internet service is screwing up. My husband will get it working and it will quit again. We are using the modem Comcast gave us and the Apple Wireless Airport (not Extreme).

We can't run the internet and his x-box live at the same time. If you turn one on it knocks the other off.
The network keeps changing on its own.
The modem & Comcast show everything is fine but it's not!!!:eek:

Anybody know anything about this?:confused:

Reaction score
Hello Zepplinlover and Welcome!

I have comcast but I use a Linksys router. When you got the comcast service, did you try resetting the Airport? Just to make sure I have things right, you have an Express right?

Here is a document showing you how to reset the Express. Resetting Airport Express

Try that and let us know if it works out for you or not.

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Hey! Thanks! I was at the Apple Store and asked about it. The Genius said that 'a lot of people are p*ssed about Comcast. They are in denial.' He gave me the DNS servers and it seems to be working now. Thanks though!:)

Reaction score
No Problem!

Glad to hear it was resolved. Let us know if you need any help

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
hi zepplinlover,
Apple's not the only one p**sed with Comcast! I wonder if AT&T(Cingular) will give us an alternative?
My Question: You said, "The Genius"..."gave me the DNS servers..." What specifically did he give you? What addresses? Instruction? Maybe it will fix my similar issue.
thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I would guess they may have given the ultra-fast Verizon/AT&T Tier 3 DNS servers:

Since Comcast is "taking over" the Road Runner services in your area, it is probably due to an equipment upgrade/transition in your area. The dust will settle, probably in a few weeks, and the normal Comcast DNS servers will work just fine for you.

C

Reaction score
Hey!!! Hope everyone is doing well. I just got triple play with comcast at the house. We have mac laptops and PC laptops. When we connect the PC laptop directly everything works fine but when we connect the Modem to the Mac directly it won't let us connect to the internet. We also tried connecting an airport express to the modem and we can't get the macs or pc's to work either. Called Comcast but of coarse they can't help. Any suggestions??
Thank You.

Ask a Question