Wiping hd/ finding driver PowerBook G4

Reaction score
I have an old PowerBook G4 12" (2004) 60GB Mac OS X 10.4.11.

I bought a new computer and wanted to sell the PowerBook and attempted to wipe the hard drive with a CD. However, my CD drive is broken (suddenly) and wont accept CDs.

I wanted to wipe the drive without a CD. I tried to secure delete some personal files (pictures, docs, etc) and in the process must have deleted a system file. Now when I turn on the computer it is "unable to find driver for this platform." (I've tried reset-nvram and -all. Nothing.)

I cannot boot the computer from a different bootable hard drive. When I restart holding option (I've also tried command-opt-shft-del AND command-option-O-F) no other hard drives are recognized even when an external is plugged in.

I can't even remove the hard drive manually because most of the screws are stripped.

All I want to do is sell the computer for parts without selling a hard drive that has my information on it. Help?

Ask a Question