Windows decrease in size

Reaction score
Several times a day windows in my Mac running OS X decrease to about half there normal size and can be restored by clicking on any open window - the background does not decrease.
I thought it may have something to do with the mouse zoom but that gesture is turnned off in preferences (unticked).
I am unable to replicate it using any mouse gesture I know of.
Some advice would be appreciated

Reaction score
OS X version is 10.10.4
It certainly looks like mission control is being invoked - but how? I am just using the mouse - but I do have a connected track pad also. I wonder if there is a connection interference between the two?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Depending on whether you are using the mouse or trackpad, there is a gesture that invokes Mission Control - a double-tap on the surface of the mouse/trackpad. I would check the System Preferences settings for them both and disable the Mission Control gesture to see if that solves the issue.

C

Reaction score
I have been away for a few days but I am back now. The fix that was suggested has certainly reduced the amount of times it occurs - at least to an acceptable level. However it still occurs occasionally . I wish I could work out what causes it but I cannot replicate the error at all. Despite spending hours trying too
However I would like to thank you for the work you have done

Ask a Question