why cant I get el Capitan?

Reaction score
Hi.need help re upgrading to el C, I have back up on Imac snow leopard,Al se to download. believed
I could go straight to El C but I notice has come up Requres a core 2 duo core i3 etc or xeon proc..
I have Cap of 59.53
available 20.26 used 39.27. so why wont it let me.
I will need to do the same with my MAC Bk Pro later, so just seeing if poss on Imac
I am 78 so real tec speak beyond me. Thank you

Reaction score
Hello,

It is probably because the Macs you are trying to upgrade to El Capitan aren't supported. You can type in their serial numbers on this website, and let us know what the exact model it reports for them:

Apple - Check Your Service and Support Coverage

An example would be: iMac (17-inch, Late 2006)

C
WHAT HAVE I DONE,WHAT A MESS! READ BELOW.
Thank you for your reply.I got to talk to Apple to-day, I know I cant get it and why, but Thank God I couldnt...... I upgraded my Mac Book Pro and its a whole different world to learn .BUT I am angry, as I cant receive mail which I rely on so much, I am 78 and a carer
and I see there are so many like me who upgraded and are having the same problem
I dont have the tec know to sort it.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

-What does your email address end with - i.e. @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc.?
-Are you using the Apple Mail (stamp icon) application?
-Are you near an Apple Store by any chance?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

It is probably because the Macs you are trying to upgrade to El Capitan aren't supported. You can type in their serial numbers on this website, and let us know what the exact model it reports for them:

Apple - Check Your Service and Support Coverage

An example would be: iMac (17-inch, Late 2006)

C
No worries.

C
No worries.

C
its a talktalk (e-mail address removed)

Always use the apple logo,its easier for me I can see straight away if I have mail and I dont have to go into the talktalk acc.as I said I am doing this to you on my mini mac
No, sad to say I am not anywhere near a store, I am going to try and contact T T later and Apple, but it looks to me as if it is more than my problem, for me now it will mean I have to go upstairs all the time to use my old system which made upgrading a waste of time. Thank you Monto

Ask a Question