View problem (selected box, item, typing has black square)

Reaction score
I'm running OSX 10.5.6 with latest update in a Macbook Core 2 duo 2.2 Gz.

My problem is that when I'm in Finder or Safari, the box that is highlighted (usually the one I'm typing in, or have selected in finder to open) has a black square around it (e.g., when I go to type in the Google box in Safari a black square surrounds the area. This thread box that I'm typing in now has a black square around. ... in Finder, black square around the selected finder window, search window, etc.)

I ran Onxy scripts and it still does it. It does NOT do it in the admin account, but does in my personal account. Please help me turn this off. The computer is completely functional, but it's driving me nuts. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
I think this is the first time that I've posted a thread on Mac-help.

Reaction score
I found out the problem. Apparently I had mistakenly typed Command-F5 which turned on the VoiceOver feature. I realized the voiceover was on this morning, found out how to turn it off (Command-FN-F5 for portables) and the black box went away, too.

Ask a Question