Video not playable through airport extreme

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My apologies if the answer is posted somewhere on the forums, i've browesed and haven't seen anything.

I recently got an airport extreme, and a usb hub. I have the hub plugged into the airport base station, and two external hard drives and a printer plugged into the hub. I typically use an acer revo fitted with xbmc to play the videos from the hard drives on my television.

Now the base station recognizes the hard drives, but only about 10% of the video will play. XBMC on the revo, and VLC or quicktime on either the os x or pc laptops will not play m4v, mkv, or avi files at all, while only a hand full of the .mp4 will play anymore. This is true for base station -> revo -> tv, as well as LAN -> laptops (osx and windows 7) and outside internet -> lan. The files that do work, work for any of the above methods of accessing them, and all the files that don't work will not play on any of the above accessing methods. If I plug the hard drives directly into the revo, or either laptop directly, the files all work fine.

Any ideas would be appreciated, this is quite frustrating =(

Ask a Question