Uploading web pages on TalkTalk

Reaction score
:confused: I am a silver surfer(73). I have taught myself how to use html tags and have made a web site for my local Lions Club. (I have tested it using Firefox and it woks OK> NOt brilliant design but the message is there.)I reserved web space on talktalk.net, set up the account name and password. Problem is that if I try to connect using FTP I get a message saying "timed out" after less than 30second followed by "Connection error.Domain for address not found." Talk talk technical help switch off when I mention Mac. I had actually given up until I found this site. Can anyone suggest how to upload.
I have a G5 power mac. Operating on OSX10.4.11 (Tiger) I have a demo version of Rage Web Design.I also have a similar version of fetch. Web browser being used is Firefox but also have Safari.
Help.
Colin

Reaction score
Hi Kyomii,
I have tried using several FTP clients but cannot establish contact with the webspace, If I go into mu account on Talk Talk the webspace is identified.

I use as server, "ormskirkand maghulllions.talktalk.net" I have tried including the www. prefix.
the username is ormskirkand (e-mail address removed)
and the password I chose is (edited)

Using Yummy FTP on my last effort I got "access refused"

My firewall is in place.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Whilst it would be nice to get the site up and running and then to work to make it a little less amateurish would be nice. Its not vital but it has become something of a challenge to overcome TalkTalk.
Colin7

Reaction score
Firstly, there should not be any spaces in the names when connecting via FTP.

Secondly, the server usually has ftp. infront of it, so by the settings you have given me, it should be:

Server: ftp.ormskirkandmaghulllions.talktalk.net

Username should be ormskirkand(e-mail address removed)
(however, this should be the same as the server, so ormskirkandmaghulllions.talktalk.net, but it may be as you said)

Password: should be the password you chose.

I have edited your password, as it is not wise to show your password as other users can assess your site.

Reaction score
I am just trying to connect via the FTP of OSX.

Server: ftp.ormskirkandmaghulllions.talktalk.net is correct

However, it is telling me your username or password is incorrect and this is why it will not let me finish the connection.

I would contact talk talk and ask them the exact settings for FTP for this site, or double check your username and password - remember no spaces!

Ask a Question