trying to scan to computer

Reaction score
I have a hp photosmart C5100 all-in-one series printer scanner copier but won't scan to my Mac OS X how come?:confused:

Reaction score
I have a similar printer/scanner which works fine for me. Difficult to know what to suggest without a bit more detail. What's happening exactly?
--Richard

Reaction score
I'm new to my computer not much exper. but I have the Mac OS X book and my HP ptinter book to help but it still doesn't work. I want to scan a document to my computer from scanner, it say I can do it but not allowing me to? It tells me in book to load paper press Scan Menu, press arrow down to highlight Scan to computer but thats it my printer says no computer needed? then press ok to select to computer, a list of the computers connected to HP All-in-one appears on the display but I don't see that anywhere? I'm connected directly to my computer with a USB cable then it says press ok to select to the default application to receive scan press ok should work but not I'm really frustrated any help will be thankfull!!!!!:confused::eek:

Reaction score
I suggest you try it this way. In your Applications folder there should be a Hewlett-Packard folder, and inside this is HP Scan Pro. Double-click on this to open it, then with your document in the scanner (and the scanner switched on!), click on New Scan (in the top left-hand corner). This should make the scanner do a preliminary scan. You can then make various adjustments for the final scan. Let us know if this works.
--Richard

Reaction score
ok I double clicked to Open HP Scan Pro. error sorry scanner could not be initialized, scanner not found???????:confused:

Ask a Question