SOLVED Trying to remove photos from Mac book pro early 2015

Reaction score
Running Mojave 10-14-6 and every time I try to delete Photos, they come back 2 fold!! I tried to mass remove by selecting and hitting delete but I got the all my pics back and doubled!! What is going on?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,
  • I assume this is in the Photos applications?
  • Are you using iCloud Photos?
  • If so, is it setup on another Mac?
C

Reaction score
Sorry in being so late to report back. I removed all my photos/videos from my MacBook Pro and my iPhone to external hard drives. I was able to delete ALL from both devices, what a nice feeling!!! 5000 pics off the machines and onto external HD's!!!! It seems that if I dont try to get into photos on my Mac for 30 days, the delete stays. Saved 6GB of space on my Mac, not sure the volume on my iPhone. I also know these pics are on iCloud but I have no idea how to delete those. I have been trying to save space on my Mac book pro because "system" seems to take 10GB each year off my 121GB storage. Now I have 80GB of "system", but I have 33GB of available space. What to do about that "system"? All my TM backups are on ext HD's.

Ask a Question