Time Machine Search

Reaction score
Is it possible to access previously Bookmarked websites urls in Time Machine? I'm trying to find a bookmarked website which I've since deleted and this is my only hope. If they are saved, can someone give me the path to find them.

Thanks

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
if you were to restore this plist, Kaveman, would any recently bookmarked sites be lost?

I guess if you did a backup first you could always restore those sites if they were to be lost in the process ...

Reaction score
Please forgive me if I'm being silly, but I can't see an option for Safari when I go into Library. Should there be another folder between Library and Safari?

Reaction score
No??? What version of OSX are you on.

Library Folder, this is your User Library not the Hard Drive Library.
This can be found by holding Option Key down and Clicking on the Go Menu in Finder.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
or if you still can't find it just type Bookmarks.plist into Spotlight (Command + Spacebar) & hit return

Reaction score
Okay, I found it by doing what was suggested - holding down the Option key first and going to Go at the top of the screen. However, how do I find the one in Time Machine since I can't use this method but will need to go through folders?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
go to the location in Finder where you wish to restore something to then click the time machine icon in the upper right toolbar & "Enter Time Machine" & you will be taken to all the backups of whatever folder or file you had already highlighted for restoration

Reaction score
Thanks folks for all your help. I did as Spawn Dooley advised and it was very straightforward. Unfortunately, I had already removed the bookmarked websites I was looking for before the earliest available back-up so they've gone forever. Never mind, at least I now know how to restore previous files and folders!

Thanks again.

Ask a Question