System extension

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Mac users. I got this pop-up message today: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext was installed improperly. I'm betting I'm not the only one who has received this. I'm told it has something to do with the most recent iTunes update. Does anyone know what the fix is? Thanks!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I too saw this pop-up message after updating iTunes … I clicked OK and just ignored it & haven't seen any resulting issues

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I also got the same error message when updating to iTunes 11.4 recently. From what I gather, some people that got the error message now have issues with syncing their iOS devices and/or using other USB devices like printers. It seems to happen more with Macs that are not fully 64-bit and are running older OS X versions such as Snow Leopard.

If you aren't having any issues, you can probably ignore it. If you are, let us know and we can provide the steps to correct the issue via reinstallation of the kext file. There are several threads around the Internet that give the steps to correct it.

C

Ask a Question