Sudden problem transferring to shared network drive

Reaction score
I have an external hard drive that is plugged into a windows desktop computer. Up until recently, I was able to transfer to this drive from my Macbook pro without a problem. Now, I can still see the drive and view what is on it without a problem, but I no longer have the option to paste anything to it. When I open the drive, it no longer shows me details along the bottom of the finder window such as how much available hard drive space there is - it only says how many items are in the folder. When I try to paste to it with command v, nothing happens. When I go into the edit toolbar to manually select paste, it is greyed out. Other hard drives on the same desktop do not have this problem, and as I said, up until this week I have transferred to this hard drive without issue as well. Other windows laptops in the house can also transfer to it fine, and no changes have been made in the settings of the drive.
Please help!

Reaction score
Hi,

Just want to check what you formated the drive to.

Possibly you could try copying the files off the drive and reformatting it to see if you can fix the drive in that way.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I agree, check in Disc Utility for the format type … check if you can drag & drop files onto the drive?

Ask a Question