Sony Handycam HDR-CX105 and downloading videos to Mac

Reaction score
Hello
I have a Sony Handycam HDR-CX 105 but can only download stillpictures and not the videos to my MacBook, OS X. version 10.6.4. And the whole point was to have videos from a videocamera...
I find from searching the web that a lot of people had problems with the Sony Handycams and Mac, but can anybody help me with tips about what to do to import videos?

Reaction score
When you connect the camera to your computer, what do you see? What shows up in the folders?

If you're unable to find the actual video files when you browse the camera's memory folders, you may want to try changing the connection settings on the camera itself.

Have you tried taking out the memory card and putting it directly into your computer's card reader (if you have one)?

I've used HandyCams before, and I think I remember needing to use a video conversion tool like HandBrake to convert the video files from their native format into something OS X is more comfortable with.
HandBrake is a free download, and you can probably find some instructions or tutorials online if you aren't sure about how to use it for what you need to do.

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I used the memory card reader and it works like a charm!

The only message I got when trying to connect the camera was if I wanted to connect the "USB to the harddisk" of the camera or "USB to the memorystick" or "disc burn" or "end", and I did not get any options to enter any menu in the camera.

Reaction score
I am not sure if this will help but I had a client with a similar problem and the problem was solved
when she purchased a special connector for her Sony camera. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the cable that was required but it may be in the instruction book.

Ask a Question