Slide Shows

Reaction score
A few years ago I made a good amount of slide shows on CD's using Totally Hip. I attempted to play them today on
my Minii Mac 10.10.3. Quick Time could not recognize the format and would not open. However I put them on my
ibook 10.3.2 and they play with no problems. Is their an answer? Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It must have used an old QuickTime codec to output the slideshows/movies. My suggestion would be to try VLC for OS X. It can play many files that QuickTime Player cannot.

What is the file extension for those files?

Let us know if that works for you.

C

Reaction score
Sorry I''m late with my thanks. I down loaded VLX for Mac OSX . Problem now is now my mini mac 10.10.3 won't
recognize any of the CD's I made of Slide Shows. Reports they are blank. They play on my ibook so I took and
plugged in a storage clip and transferred from the ibook to Mini. then to VLX It appears in the VLX window but time is 0.
Hope this makes some kind of sense.......

Reaction score
It has come to my attention, and I have limited know how of the Mac, that my Mini Mac does not have a "optical drive" That Apple
eliminated the CD drive??? or words to that effect. Advised to buy an external unit.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Sorry you are having so much trouble...it does sound like it is an old, specific file type that is no longer supported. I am not that familiar with the Totally Hip software. It made playable slideshows on CDs, correct? Is there a file extension for the files on the discs? We may have to look into a way to convert them to a different format on your older Mac and then transfer them as a file to the newer one.

I always recommend the Apple USB SuperDrive for any Macs that didn't ship with an optical drive.

C

Ask a Question