Should I turn on iCloud messaging?

Reaction score
I already have messages going to my iPad, iPhone, & Mac. I will be getting a Home Pod next month for my birthday (I think). I use my wife's bigger iCloud every once in a while for a second backup for my iPad & iPhone.

What is the advantage of iCloud messaging?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I guess that would be up to you. Basically, it preserves all Messages in iCloud, instead of locally on each device - a form of backup if you will.. That way, you can actually get a new iOS device, sign in with your iCloud account, and it will restore all of your current and archived Messages, without having to restore them from a backup.

Keep all your messages in iCloud

Hope that helps a bit,

C

Reaction score
Doesn't look useful to me. I suppose I have lots of extra messages on my iPhone, iPad, & iMac that I should be purging. I don't have any reason to archive them. If I still worked, backing up workplace messages might be useful.

Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

It's really a personal choice on whether it is beneficial. I don;t care to archive all my messages either, as most of them are for a specific purpose or point in time.

Agreed that there may be some benefit in a business setting, for CYA or legal reasons. ;)

C

Ask a Question