saying hardrive full. urgent!

Reaction score
I am towards the end of writing my thesis and have done a lot on it today... however now when i try and save it says: "the disc is full trying to write to macintosh HD free some space on this drive blah blah blah"

But i have 183GB free! I dont have an external hd or pen drive to hand and i cant afford to loose this work. Ideas?

Reaction score
You're using Word.

Only thing to try is Save As....

If you are using MS products on the Mac it is imperative to Save As... often and Quit then Log Out and back in after each use.

You do know that both TextEdit and Pages save in Word Format.

Reaction score
Thanks but i figured out the issue. I was saving in compatibility mode in word and there is a bug up to the 2004 version which doesn't allow you to save if you have to many figures/pictures in the document (and mine was over a 100 pages long with many diagrams) so i just changed the format to docx.

I though it was a problem with my mac HD and not word.

Reaction score
Save as still worked though right? Normally compaibility is removed once you've saved it but the save button won't work.

Ask a Question