Repeating updates

Reaction score
I downloaded/installed updates for iMovie, Keynote and Pages. All went well but the next day, I am getting the same updates again even though it shows all have been installed already. How do I handle this problem and why doesn't apple see that I already installed the updates?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello.

-Which version of OS X?
-Are they the exact same version updates each day?
-Did the previous updates complete normally? Can you open the apps?

C

Reaction score
Hello.

-Which version of OS X?
-Are they the exact same version updates each day?
-Did the previous updates complete normally? Can you open the apps?

C
OSX 10.11.5
The numbers are identical and the download said installed when finished. In each case I restarted my computer after install complete. I now have 3 iMovies, 2 Keynotes and 2 Pages installed in the past 10 days. My main concern is that one of the updates was 2 GB and thats a lot of space to be repeating an update. Is there a way to tell if previous updates were overwritten?
Last night I updated iMovie and Keynote and finally it shows all are installed with nothing pending.

Regretfully I 'm not positive I tried to see if the updates worked but I did go to the Pages program and it showed the same version installed that it said I needed to reinstall. Paul

Reaction score
Paul, I would not worry about it, happens all the time here. I suspect it's apple's way of fixing something that went wrong on the first update, but not surfaced to the user. The only cost is bandwith, if you pay by the GB. If you don't, and the second update completes, more than likely all is well.

Reaction score
Paul, I would not worry about it, happens all the time here. I suspect it's apple's way of fixing something that went wrong on the first update, but not surfaced to the user. The only cost is bandwith, if you pay by the GB. If you don't, and the second update completes, more than likely all is well.

Thanks, I have unlimited wifi. I was concerned about filling up my computer with 3 -2gb upgrades. All seems well now.

Ask a Question