Recover deleted note

Reaction score
Suddenly without warning my MacBook Air deleted an important note I had made in Apple Notes. Because I had important information in that file which I NEED to access, this naughty computer also removed the "Deleted Files" note from which I have restored deleted files before. The same file also disappeared from my iPhone and iPad.

If someone would suggest how to recover that note, I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks - Stuart

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

The only possible way that I know of would be from either a Time machine or iOS backup.

-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of iOS on the iPhone and iPad?
-Are you making regular backups?

C

Reaction score
Suddenly without warning my MacBook Air deleted an important note I had made in Apple Notes. Because I had important information in that file which I NEED to access, this naughty computer also removed the "Deleted Files" note from which I have restored deleted files before. The same file also disappeared from my iPhone and iPad.

If someone would suggest how to recover that note, I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks - Stuart

Easy!
Look at the left margin. You will see "Recently deleted" notes. They're kept for, I think, 30 days.

Ask a Question