Problem with Safari

Reaction score
Hi, I have suddenly started getting a problem which I can't fix.

When I have Safari open I have always been able to minimise it using the orange button at the top and that has worked ok.It minimises to the bottom RH end of the bar. It has stayed down until I click on the icon and it reappears and is ok.

Now when I minimise the window it closes and goes to the RH end of the tool bar.
After a few minutes while using other any other application it suddenly pops back up behind whatever screen I am using.

However if I try to use it again it has locked and the only way I can correct it is to shut dow the application fully.

Safari then disappears after a quite a while, then pops back up from the bottom RH side even though it isn't visible down there any more and everything then operates correctly.

This only happens with Safari, no other window .

Any idea how I can get this problem solved. I know it isn't major but sometimes it can very irritating having a dead screen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You need to tell us 1) what exact Mac Model you are using, 2), what OS are you running, and 3) which version of Safari are you using.

Reaction score
Thanks for replying.

I,m going to hang on a while before I waste anyones time as I've just installed Yosemite and it seems to have got rid of the problem.

Fingers crossed

Mike

Ask a Question