plug in failure

Reaction score
Hi, I'm completely new to this, I've always had a tech help me but he is no longer around.
So here's my question: Youtube doesn't display video, only a black box. Also other sites that I try to go to view a video doesn't work anymore either.
I checked on the help menu in Safari for Mac and it said that I may need to remove a recent plug in install, shut down Safari then go to... then report to the plug company where there was a problem with...then reinstall...
How would I know which one wasn't working, and thus who to report to?
I have Mac 10.6.8 and it's a 17" macbook pro
I've never had this problem before, have owned a mac for over 5 yrs.
Even when I look up the issue no one really seems to solve it not even in the mac forum.
Pls help, I am needing to watch an instructional video but can not.
Also I tend to leave my macbook on with a lot of windows on it. Last night I shut it down and when I reopened it I could watch video but then I went to bed turning on Itunes, when I woke I found that my computer had run out and needed to be plugged in to work, then I tried to go back to video but it now says plug in failure and will not work.
Thx Much!

Ask a Question