Old MiniMac

Reaction score
I brought the old minimac home from the cottage and was going to use in to keep my music library running the Sonos controller . Sonos wanted me to upgrade the OS and I discovered that the OS is OS X 10.7.5 I have been trying for hours to figure out what or how to update it as none the progressive updates are support by apple anymore..

Can anyone help? When I try to download El Capitain to High Sierra using that Mac mini the downloads aren't a highlightable download on the apple support site

Reaction score
I broke down and went to Best Buy...bought a new Mac mini and just transferred the files....

old Mac mini i will turn into a paperweight

Reaction score
I broke down and went to Best Buy...bought a new Mac mini and just transferred the files....

old Mac mini i will turn into a paperweight

Which specific model did you buy? I have a late 2012 model, with a core i7 processor, and I replaced the (slow) 5400 rpm 1 TB internal drive with a fast Samsung 256 gig 840 Pro SSD. For my Mac Min i, Mojave will be the last Mac OS that can run on it. So, I will be looking to purchasing a new one about 8 to 10 months from now.

There have been rumors that Apple will be coming out with a new Mac Mini soon, but have not seen it yet.

Reaction score
Which specific model did you buy? I have a late 2012 model, with a core i7 processor, and I replaced the (slow) 5400 rpm 1 TB internal drive with a fast Samsung 256 gig 840 Pro SSD. For my Mac Min i, Mojave will be the last Mac OS that can run on it. So, I will be looking to purchasing a new one about 8 to 10 months from now.

There have been rumors that Apple will be coming out with a new Mac Mini soon, but have not seen it yet.

The new one I bought tonight is a Model A1347 if that means anything to you.

Reaction score

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
There are a few ways to identify the specific model"

1. AppleCare Model Name: check in  > About This Mac. It will list something like Mac mini (Late 2009)
2. Model Identifier: check in  > About This Mac > System Report/Information... > Hardware Overview > Model Idenitifier. It will list something like Macmini3,1

The Model Number A1347 is just an identifier of the Mac model family, and can used for several years until a major redesign.

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question