New Forum

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Just a little thing have noticed with new forum, when on iPhone replying to a post, do not have any font control, colour or smilies etc available as screen shot.
Not a big deal in the scheme of things and not sure if it is the same for iPad will look later. Or am I missing something. Am on phone now.

Have a good week
Barrie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 447

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up - we'll be upgrading to XenForo 1.2 in the next couple of weeks which comes with better mobile support, so it should be fixed then. I hope that's not too much of a problem :). It should make it much easier to browse on phone too.

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

No problem thought it might have been me, very easy forum navigation on phone and nice layout. Would put a happy face, and again thank you for all the hard work and time behind the scenes that you do for us.

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Are you in process of forum upgrade, notice big changes on iPhone and iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 394

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I'm just performing a maintenance upgrade to XenForo 1.2 - I literally finished this a couple of moments before your reply :D.

I'm just re-configuring a few things now, so it may be another hour or so before it's fully tweaked.

One of the benefits is a responsive style, so it should work much better on mobile devices now :).

Reaction score
Yes very different layout, nice and easy thank you for quick reply.

EDIT:

Defiantly like the user name drop down menu, having all categories in one place. Will wait until later regarding smilies, as you are still tweaking and that pages at present is not available.
Would put 3 smiling faces here.

EDIT:

:D:D:D

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you like it :D. I'm working hard on getting it working as well as I can - we'll have some more improvements in the coming weeks :).

I'm hoping to add a "system specs" rollover button to the avatar/info box to the side of each post - that should help us with knowing the system specs for technical questions.

Reaction score
I'm hoping to add a "system specs" rollover button to the avatar/info box to the side of each post - that should help us with knowing the system specs for technical questions.
I think that would be a great idea, as you say may help regarding answering posts.

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Strangely the forum layout on the iPad is the same as my Mac's, :) yet iPhone is very different althought both use the IOS operating system.

It's nice to have fully functional font - smilie boxes etc now:D makes posting replies really easy and smooth.:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here is what I now see on phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 436
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 400

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Strangely the forum layout on the iPad is the same as my Mac's, :) yet iPhone is very different althought both use the IOS operating system.

Yep, that's the new responsive layout - it will adjust so that things fit nicely on all widths of screen :). On a iPhone in portrait orientation, there isn't much pixel width available, so some page elements (sidebar, etc.. are removed and drop down to below the content).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The System Specs button is now active if you have this information filled in on your profile :D.

Last edited:

Ask a Question