SOLVED My photos app lost its shared albums

Reaction score
My M1 iMac has my family photos album. When I add photos, I copy them to a shared album and then go to my wife's computer to load them into her photos album. Then I have to go back to my machine to delete them out of the shared album. This is very clumsy because Apple doesn't provide us with a way to have a shared photos library.

My shared albums have disappeared from my Photos app. I have rebuilt the photos library. I have rebooted my Mac. I have verified that Photos is using iCloud. I have verified that photos/preferences/iCloud has "Shared Albums" checked. I have verified that I can see my shared albums on my iPad.

What else can I try so that my Mac's photos library sees my shared albums (which I own).

Reaction score
I got the shared album by going to my iPad, where the shared album was there, and adding a photo there. Then it showed up on my iMac's Photos app.

Reaction score
I got the shared album by going to my iPad, where the shared album was there, and adding a photo there. Then it showed up on my iMac's Photos app.

But the other photos from ther original shared album aren’t appearing, only the one I shared

Ask a Question