Multiple Monitors Launching Apps Help

Reaction score
I have two monitors hooked up to my MacMini. I would like to choose (at application launch) which monitor I'd like the application to open in. I already know the mac will remember which monitor my application prefers, however, sometimes I need to open up apps on different monitors, depending on what I'm doing at the time. For example: Generally, I use my main monitor for Safari. I'm a designer, and sometimes I want to launch Safari on my 2nd monitor while working with CS5 apps on my main monitor. I've been moving my Safari window over, which is OK, but Safari gets confused the next time and wants to open in the 2nd monitor again. It's getting old.

Does anybody know of a way to choose which monitor to open(temporarily) an app at launch?

Reaction score
don't know of any software, but have you tried Spaces? built into the operating system later than 10.5.

it takes a little taming over two monitors, but you can basically set up a series of desktops to suit you.
ie 1, design, 2, email & web, 3, music.. and on and on.

Reaction score
No, its not something the system decides. Its up to the App devs if they remember the last document opened and where it was located. Xcode remembers but most other Apps don't.

Spaces will open apps in different spaces but they will still be on the main screen.

Ask a Question